The Reason Why Sweet Teeth Exist!

Check out my latest cake and dessert creations!

Please contact me at lily.vu214@gmail.com if you are interested in having me customize a cake, dessert, etc. for your event.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Steelers Helmet and Football Field Birthday Cake

My husband is a huge fan of the Steelers for 30+ years and a loyal one, too. This year (2010) for his birthday, I baked a chocolate football helmet cake filled with strawberry jam, covered the helmet cake with black fondant, and decorated the outside of it to mimic the Steelers helmet (i.e. the Steelers’ team emblem, his favorite player no. 86 Hines Ward, “Riddell” strip in front of the helmet, and the gold strip down the center of the helmet). For the face mask, I used fondant/gum paste to shape it. The helmet cake rested on a 13x19 inch rectangular football field cake that was also chocolate and filled with a champagne strawberry whipped cream frosting and freshly sliced strawberries. The football field cake was covered in a buttercream flavored fondant. The cake stunned all of his friends, who were Steelers fan, except for one friend who was a Raiders fan. (At the request of my husband, I put a white surrender flag through the Raider's emblem as an inside joke to his friend.)

If you are interested in this cake or a customized cake, please email me at lily.vu214@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. too bad ur in California...I wanted you to make me a cake lol

    ReplyDelete