The Reason Why Sweet Teeth Exist!

Check out my latest cake and dessert creations!

Please contact me at lily.vu214@gmail.com if you are interested in having me customize a cake, dessert, etc. for your event.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Pinkalicious 30th Birthday Cake and Dessert Table

Turning 30 was a huge milestone for me and also the most memorable. I celebrated in style on a private yacht cruising around the bay, and the theme I chose was "Pinkalicious." I wanted to designed my cake to be "girly" so I thought of shoes, feather boas, flowers, necklaces, shopping bags and gift boxes to name a few. My vision was put to work when I created 4 different tiers of cake, 3 of which I stacked on top of each other and the other one stood alone:
  • (bottom tier) a 12 inch round strawberry cake filled with strawberry whipped cream, covered with pink marshmallow fondant with pearls (fondant/gumpaste) decorated around the bottom border;
  • (middle tier) a 6 inch square rich chocolate cake, which resembles a gift box, with chocolate filling, covered with white marshmallow fondant and scattered black, white and pink poke dots also made with fondant;
  • (top tier) a pound caked shaped and decorated to look like a real shopping bag with my name piped on it; and,
  • (standing alone) a 6 inch chocolate cake covered in Victoria’s Secrets pink strips (marshmallow fondant) with a glass shoe on top. A Chanel necklace made from gumpaste was set on top to dangle.
I also hand-made the “3-0” cake topper using jewelry wire and pink, white, and black beads and crystals, which was placed on top of the shopping bag. In addition, I decorated the cake table with an array of pink candies and labeled each jar.

At the end of the night, I saved the shopping bag cake in a box with a window and displayed it in my house. It was a nice way to remember my 30th for all time.

If you are interested in this cake or a customized cake, please email me at lily.vu214@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment